2021 GMC Terrain MPG
Shopping in Houston for a small crossover with all-weather capability and impressive fuel economy? Delivering up to 25 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway, the GMC Terrain gas mileage is higher than average for the compact SUV class. Plus, noise-cancelling insulation and well-cushioned seats create an ultra-smooth ride for passengers front and rear. Keep reading for details on the GMC Terrain gas mileage, and performance features for enhanced control and handling in all driving conditions.
GMC Terrain Gas Mileage Specs
The GMC Terrain gas mileage varies depending on the engine and drivetrain. No matter which configuration you choose, you’ll find more than enough power for your needs in Porter and impressive fuel efficiency specs for the compact SUV class. All four trim levels (Terrain SL, SLE, SLT, and Denali) come standard with front-wheel drive and a 1.5L I4 engine, and can be upgraded with all-wheel drive capability. A252-hp engine upgrade is available at the top Denali trim. See the GMC Terrain mpg specs for each drivetrain here:
Base 1.5L I4 Engine
- 25/30 city/highway MPG with FWD
- 25/28 city/highway MPG with AWD
- 170 horsepower and 203 pound-feet of torque
- Standard on Terrain SLE, SLE, SLT, and Denali trims
Available 2.0L Turbocharged 4-cylinder Engine
- 22/28 city/highway MPG with FWD
- 21/26 city/highway MPG with AWD
- 252 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque
- Available on GMC Terrain Denali
GMC Terrain Performance Features
The GMC Terrain comes equipped with a range of features designed to keep you in control, even in low-traction driving conditions. You’ll benefit from these features every time you hit the trails around New Caney:
- Traction Select System — Standard across the Terrain lineup, Traction Select allows you to make real-time performance adjustments for optimal capability. Available Tow/Haul mode and Snow mode reduce the chance of wheel slippage when driving conditions are slick or unstable.
- Urethane Spring Isolators — Experience reduced road noise when you hit rough terrain in Spring.
- Hill Descent Control — This system uses anti-lock braking for smooth and controlled hill descents.
- Premium Suspension — Available on the Terrain Denali, this upgraded suspension system features an additional valve internal to the struts and shocks, delivering a more refined and controlled ride.
Test Drive a New GMC Terrain for Sale in Humble
Ready to move forward with a 2021 GMC Terrain in our inventory? Find your favorite models in our online GMC model showroom, and then visit us Humble to experience the Terrain for yourself with a test drive. While you’re here, learn more about the benefits of genuine OEM parts and learn more about your lease and finance options. We hope to hear from you soon!
More From Texan GMC Buick
Take a look into the 2021 Buick Encore interior with our team at Texan GMC Buick and you’ll be one step closer to deciding on the new Buick that’s right for you and your driving needs. From high-tech features to comfortable materials, the all new Buick Encore has what you need for an enhanced Houston commute. Contact…
The 2021 GMC Acadia is available in five different configurations. Learn more about the SL, SLE, SLT, AT4, and Denali configurations with our team at Texan GMC Buick to help you decide which is the right choice for you and your driving needs in Porter. Explore the Acadia trims and more with our team, then schedule a…
The 2021 Buick Enclave has a max towing capacity of 5,000 pounds. This is plenty of power to tow your mid-size camper trailer, small boat, or flatbed trailer. Not all Buick Enclave SUVs have the towing capacity of 5,000 pounds so be sure you take a closer look into the features of each trim level…